Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Some Holiday and New Years Wishes from the Camel
Whether you are observing Sol Invictus; the birth of the gods Tammuz or Mithras; Saturnalia; the winter solstice; Yule tree worship; a purely secular Xmas, or (dog forbid) a tradition Xmas, I trust all of my readers are having an enjoyable time with friends and family. Nothing brings us together, or says remembrance of mythical man-god made up birthdates or the celebration of natural cosmological events, like December 25.
As we approach the end of 2012 I have a few wishes for the New Year:
- Health, happiness and prosperity for us all.
- A healthy and happy new baby for my eldest and his wife next April, my first grandchild.
- A wonderful new life together for my youngest son and his new bride.
- An accelerated withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- Another year of erosion of religion here and abroad
- A year with fewer declarations of divinely inspired and supported hatred and inane madness from religious shaman and their mindless followers
- Less child abuse cases, murders and destruction in the name of their nonexistent god.
- More exposure and prosecutions of clergy and church hierarchy misdeeds.
- More legal victories by the Freedom from Religion Foundation, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State and other Freethinker orgs against religionists who spit on the Constitution and equate godliness to patriotism.
- More activism and visibility by secularists around the nation and the world to inspire closeted freethinkers to come out and speak up.
- The televised celebrations of Fred Phelps, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, and Terry Jones funerals narrated by Ricky Gervais, with the tune “Don’t Let the Door to the Outhouse Hit You in the Ass on the Way Out.” playing in the back ground.
- A pair of baby camels delivered to the Camel Ranch, free of charge - freight prepaid - one male one female.
That’s it. I’m easily satisfied. I don’t ask for much.
Have a happy New Years , be safe, and keep practicing Faithicide.