But the big headline that came out of today’s hearing is Holder stated that Waterboarding is torture. Like that is some kind of revelation. Anyone who knows how Waterboarding is conducted, what it does, would recognize it as torture. The US even prosecuted Japanese military officers for using the technique on American POWs in WWII. They were hung as war criminals. Waterboarding was inflicted on heretics during the Inquisition.
So who claims it’s not torture? What kind of disingenuous, completely ignorant, or self deceiving, hypocritical jerk would believe it NOT to be torture? GW Bush , self proclaimed Born Again Christian; Dick Cheney, Methodist; Donald Rumsfeld, disgraced Secy. Of Defense under Bush, Presbyterian; John Ashcroft, disgraced Attorney General under Bush, Assembly of God - Born Again Christian; Alberto Gonzalez, disgraced Attorney Gen. under Bush, Catholic.
Oh hell, the list is endless! Just about every right wing, evangelical, Jesus loving, God fearing Christian in congress, on a radio talk show, or behind the televangical pulpit denies waterboarding is torture. Yet, I do not know of ONE atheist who is familiar with the technique who denies waterboarding is torture.
But how can this be?? The evidence is overwhelming; the precedence of WWII prosecutions is glaring; the fact that it is inflicted only on those from whom we wish to extract information is telling. If anyone has any doubt and wanted empirical evidence one way or another, all they’d have to do is submit themselves to waterboarding and within a minute they’d have a first hand confirmation.
What am I getting at? This:
1) Evidence and fact mean nothing to fanatical theists. Once they “believe” something evidence and facts are deceptions to be ignored and denied.
2) Christians seem to have a proclivity for torture. Perhaps a trait stemming from the Inquisitions and witch trials. A God given right it would seem.
3) Fanatical Christians are hypocrites, recognizing torture only when Christians are the victims. It’s never torture when they administer it, when it suits their agenda.
4) Christian torture deniers shun the Scientific Method, thus would never voluntarily submit themselves to the test … believing a lie is enough.
5) The much vaunted “higher ethics and morality” of Christians is a bald faced lie.