When it comes to all out stupid statements the hard core Christians are at the apex of the scale. The more Xtian they are the more stupid are the things they believe and say. This doesn’t mean all Xtians say stupid things, only those who allow their religion to intrude so far into the realm of reality that it permits religio-think to supplant the objectively reasoned and factual ... intentionally or unknowingly.
With this in mind, here is my list of the top 10 most stupid things Christians say:
10. Atheists are un-American and Communists
9. Hitler was an atheist
8. Einstein was a believer
7. Atheism is responsible for more deaths than is Christianity.
6. Catholicism has always promoted scientific discovery and learning.
5. Thomas Jefferson and the Founding Fathers were Christians;
3. Evolutionary theory is a lie (and / or “evolution is just a theory”).
2. “Separation of Church and State” is an invention of atheists because
...and the number 1 most moronic statement by Xtians:
I won’t bother to provide the refutation to this laundry list of stupid. We all know, or can readily access, the objective evidence that puts them to shame. And the list is certainly not all inclusive as I’m sure you could add your own examples.
While I have long given up trying to debate fundies on their devotion to the supernatural as an exercise in the absurd, I hate to allow this kind of blatant garbage to go unchallenged. I’ll refrain from time consuming discussions, as I have tennis elbow in my pearl casting arm and it is inflamed easily with these swine. I will at least try to give them a few documented quotes and a link to source material which refutes their foolishness with objective evidence.
It may not do any good at the moment, but it occasionally segways into a blasphemy laced dressing down; the next best thing to a visit from a Mormon for this old camel.