The following is taken directly from a fundie’s posting on an atheist board in Facebook on July 18, 2009. Brace yourself:
“A great debate between Dr. William Lane Craig (Christian) and Mr. Frank Zindler (atheist). After weighing the evidence from this great debate it is clear that it is time that you Atheists just accept that you are wrong. I am not here to debate you guys or stay in your little group. I will leave the debate up to the professionals in this great Debate that you all clearly need to watch :)
The polls from the debate with two of the top debaters in their field results are listed below :)
- 7,778 people attended the debate with thousands & thousands more tuning in on TV and Radio Channels.
- 6,168 filled out the ballots after the great debate
- 97% voted the case presented for Chistianity (sic) was the most compelling by a long shot
- Even 82% of the non-christian (sic) voted the case presented for Christianity was stronger
- Even 47 people who came to the debate indicated that they have now become believers
- Not one person became an Atheists (sic)
Please Wake Up Now! Jesus Loves You :)
Well, that settles that! Evidently this one and only “great debate” (as “Jay” has proclaimed it) was so lopsided, so overwhelming a victory for the supporters of God that this unfortunate fundie accepts it as some sort of proof of God’s existence, and affirmation of his belief. He is so excited, so relieved, so buoyed by the result that clearly he is ecstatic.
Indeed, how could we atheists all not just “Wake up Now!,” abandon all reason and fall to our knees following said debate? Plus, Jesus loves us!!
Of course the theist mind-slave had no idea this debate took place over 18 months ago, January of 2008. And naturally “Jay” couldn’t or wouldn’t provide a source / link that substantiate those stats he provided, because they were almost entirely made up by him or a Christian source he’d prefer not to divulge. After all, a little fabrication, embellishment and hyperbole on behalf of the Lord have always been endorsed by the Christian fathers. As I’ve often said, lying is a sacrament to them. But worse, they are such bad lies, so blatantly silly, that a child could see the fallacy of them, especially the conversion statements, irrespective of who presented the better argument.
- How could two men on a stage debating the existence/non-existence of the supernatural be perceived by any person with all their faculties as having proven, decided, and resolved an age old issue to the point where anyone could proclaim the question settled once and for all?
- How does anyone listen to a single debate, discarding all previous debates, and with no evidence or proofs offered for the supernatural, declare it as a nullification of non-belief and validation of belief?
- Where would one find an audience of non-believers so vapid and devoid of thought that they’d “come to Jesus” and abandon their logic and reason simply as a result of the efficacy of one man’s debate skills?
- How could the alleged “conversions” be verified as having been non-believers?
I wonder what it’s like to be a fundie and never have to be burdened by genuine thought.